Monday, January 15, 2007

Event: Look @ Laika 2006



When I received the call from Laika to set up a 300 person group photo I wanted to do something different. They are a very creative company and I was happy to find that they were completely open to me bringing in my creative vision for their company photo. They recently hired over 200 of the best creatives from around the world to build a stronger team for their animation studio. Wanting to document this milestone they brought me in to capture all 300 employees at once. To avoid the predictable typical boring group photo I implemented a new style that my friend and collaborator Mykle Hansen has been developing with me for months - the digital quilt. The weather cooperated and the people of Laika were a thrill to work with.

Using over 30 frames I quilted together over 2 Gigs of imagery to create this long quirky panorama in front of the Portland Art Museum.

For an up close look at this group portrait you will have to penetrate the interior facilities of Laika for a visit where Laika will be hanging a ten foot long print. Otherwise, click on the image above to view a little larger.

Special thanks to everyone who helped me accomplish this shot and especially Scarlet, Mykle, Kyle and Ben!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home