Sunday, October 08, 2006

Idea: picture is worth a thousand words

A picture, I'd say it's true, is worth a thousand words. But, today I'm in search of just a few of those words that might describe my imagery precisely and simply. I'm looking for the right words to use when I am talking about my work to someone who has never seen it before.

Please hit the comment button below and tell me the first three or three thousand words that come to you when you see these images.

Thank you! - Serena




















4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is what i wrote:

your photos are...
* natural, spontaneous, relaxed, open, genuine, sincere
* insightful, intuitive, revealing
* fun/funky/offbeat, unconventional
* absorbing, intriguing, layered

to me, this is less documentary photography (which is a record of the event), than it is -observational- photography (which is a record of the hidden moments, the unseen moments). you look where others don't.

Monday, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just basing this on the ten that you posted.

-candid
-life
-character
-clean
-joyful
-silly
-important
-human
-true
-emotional
-looked over (technically two words, but I don't care)

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Serena Davidson Photography said...

Gretchin, Kyle and Ryan - I love what you came through with. Always hoping that the images I create are conveying what you saw, yet I never know for sure what others see in my work. Thank you so much for taking a moment to write it down for me!

Saturday, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Serena Davidson Photography said...

Shy - Thank you so much! Those words capture a feel and expression I have not yet heard. Thank you for your precision! - Serena

Wednesday, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home